Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: BMM Programme Assistant
Vacancy Number: VN/IOMSO/018/2023
Duty Station: IOM Mogadishu, Somalia.
Classification: General Service Category, Grade G-5
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed-Term
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 15th October 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (IBG), the direct supervision of the IBG Programme Officer, the programme assistant will be responsible for supporting in the implementation monitoring/evaluation and coordination of BMM and IBG programme activities in Somalia and providing administrative support to the Mission as needed.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist the programme officer in the overall implementation of the BMM programme in Somalia, in a timely manner, including monitoring and following up on administrative and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Provide administrative support in project implementation including filing, preparing purchase and payment requests, following up of delivery and progress of activities and preforming other financial activities in coordination with procurement and resource management unit.
- Liaise with BMM programme partners and stakeholders including government, CBOs, NGOs, INGOs, UN agencies as needed for general coordination of activities.
- Conduct interview and/or activities with identified stakeholders/audience as requested by the programme officer to support the Regional Office implementation of BMM activities in Somalia.
- Provide general support in implementing BMM- IBG activities in specific the establishment of two new IBMCs; organizing study visits for immigration officials; and coordinating the roll-out/ dissemination of the Immigration Law.
- Provide administrative support in implementing BMM-PXD activities in specific collecting, typing and filing documentation.
- Support the organization of various regional capacity building initiatives.
- Assist with technical and financial monitoring of the IBG components in coordination with the Nairobi Support Office and other relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in consolidating and disseminating all donor reports ensuring timely submission and compliance with donor and IOM requirements.
- Provide data to be used in the development of concept notes and project proposals.
- Attend meetings and events related to BMM or on other issues as requested by the Mission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.