CASH VOUCHER ASSISTANCE (CVA) MANAGER JD
Position: CVA Manager
Job Grade: Band 6
Location: Mogadishu Coordination Office
Reports to: Director of Disaster Management
Overall Job Purpose
Supporting most vulnerable people of the community by responding emergence cases like droughts, floods and heavy rains, as well as ensuring that proper documentation and financial management functions are performed in accordance with SRCS policies, agreed Standard Cash Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities of Program Planning & Implementation.
- Ensure the implementation of safe delivery and distribution to beneficiaries of cash and/or vouchers, adhering to standard operating procedures (SOP), safety and security measures;
- Work with partners to ensure clear communication with affected communities regarding targeting criteria, entitlements, how to access assistance and give feedback;
- Collect beneficiary data and modify as per the SRCS selection criteria, and add to beneficiary database.
- Prepare and share beneficiary list and registration form and share it with Cash Transfer Agent (CTA);
- Support the CTA in developing timely distribution plans;
- Monitor the cash transfer agents in processing the disbursements
- Design and plan the activities according to the existing SOPs.
- Update the program based on on-going assessments;
- Coordinate the identification of areas of intervention, beneficiaries and service provider;
- Coordinate the implementation of activities with the branches of other regions in line with the process guidelines, ensuring quality and accountability of the program;
- Coordinate the Post-Distribution Monitoring and feedback and complaints mechanism;
- Coordinate, support and provide capacity building to field officers and volunteers in implementing activities;
- Prepare supporting documents related to finance, procurement, administration and field activities according to the internal procedures. Provide technical reports on a regular basis;
- Represent SRCS in relevant coordination forums, clusters and other existing actors and engage with the humanitarian coordination system. Ensure that the program is in line with the country strategy;
- Cash beneficiaries mobilization, verification and registration activity
- Assist with event planning and implementation in support with programme counterparts
- Support logistic arrangements for project activities in coordination with the Administration Department
- Maintain proper inventory records of goods and equipment owned by the project and ensure that relevant control systems are in place and complied with
- Represent SRCS at various Cash management fora and attend relevant meetings and events to promote program activities
- Foster partnership and networks with stakeholders, government ministries, humanitarian actors and community-based groups in the development and implementation of Cash projects
- Build and foster alliances and networks that enhance sharing, learning and collaboration among relevant organizations and individuals involved in the promotion of Cash projects
Skills and Qualifications
Educational Qualifications &Professional Training
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional practice in Agriculture, Rural Development, Economics, Business Administration, Social Sciences or equivalent qualifications
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Competencies & Experience
üDemonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
üDemonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
ü Leadership style in management
ü Consistently approaches work with energy and positive attitude
üRemain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
üRespond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views
üEffective communications and interpersonal skills
üProficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point.
Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages
Minimum 3 years relevant experience of Emergency cash projects in a humanitarian or development organization as well as experience in monitoring and evaluation of disaster risk management and response
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter in one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the subject line. If you fail to write the subject line, your application will be disqualified.
Deadline for Applications: 20th September, 2023.