Job title: Midwife
Location: Erigavo (Manhal Hospital)
Reports to: Head of Maternity Department
Contract: Fixed term with 2 probationary months
Salary: Manhal Hospital salary scale
Experience: 4-5 Years
Manhal Erigavo hospital is a community-based private hospital, implemented by Manhal charity organization. Manhal Erigavo hospital was officially inaugurated in March 2003. It is the first private Hospital in Sanag and provides high quality medical services with different clients of the clients including OPD, IPD, General medicine, General surgery, Obstetrics/ gynecological, Pediatric, Imaging, ophthalmological, dental, neonatal and training services to university students as well. Manhal Hospital fosters integrity, respect, impartiality, transparency, equity, accountability, and patient-centralism core values and maintains strong bond with government institutions, donors and private enterprises as well.
Short summary of the post
The midwife will be responsible for the physical, mental, and emotional care of the patients during delivery, also provides prenatal and postnatal education. Examine the pt. during the course of pregnancy. And assist pts. In creating birthing plans she will also ensure the health and well- being of the newborn.
Midwife Duties and responsibilities
– Counsel expectant mothers on birthing plans including hospital care, birthing centers, and other options.
– Take patient history and physical examination,
- Performs Gynecological exams.
- Educate patient on health, nutrition and safe family planning.
- Perform tests to obtain information about patient’s medical conditions.
– Provide emotional support for mothers during birth.
- Evaluates mothers during labor by assessing the stage of labor.
- Monitors laboring process by Using bishop scoring and partograph for every patient.
- Communicates to the patient for her condition/feelings inquiry
– Monitor the patient’s vital signs and heart rate during birth.
- Perform deliveries and assist caesareans.
- Tend to the health and well-being of both the baby and mother during the process.
- Informs with the other team members like Doctors or senior midwives during difficult deliveries- instrumental deliveries.
– Detects pregnancies with a Malpresentation- like breech, oblique, transverse.
- Takes good care to a mother in 3rd stages and detects early the complications.
- Provide care for mother and newborn after birth.
- Weighs and carries physical exam on newborns.
- Detects congenital malformations on newborn.
- Explain and demonstrate breastfeeding techniques.
- Works with the other team members on emergency situations like- postpartum hemorrhage and eclampsia.
- Participate in research and further educational opportunities.
- Performs CPR or other emergency measures if needed.
- Documents the information of a pregnant mother, newborn to the registers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in midwifery from NHPC recognized institute.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and had a sense of good care to a patients during birthing.
- Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment.
- Able to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays.
- Good leadership skills, able to mentor and educate.
- Ability to perform patient assessment and triage.
- must be able to communicate with English and Somali
How to apply
Interested candidates can send their CVs with Application Letter to the below email not later on 25th JULY 2023. Make sure subject line reflects position’s name