HALO Somaliland – Projects Officer Terms of reference
HALO Somaliland has been operating since 1999, delivering humanitarian mine action activities, including survey, mine clearance, and explosive ordnance risk education. The mission is to protect lives and restore the livelihoods of those affected by conflict. The programme currently employs approximately 500 staff members. HALO Somaliland is responding to the humanitarian crisis in the country and seeking a competent Projects Officer to support our efforts.
Role: Projects Officer
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland – (with occasional field trips)
Reporting to: Programme Coordinator / Programme Officer
Internally works with: GIS/IM Officer, CORE teams, Vocational Teachers
Externally works with: Relevant local organisations/stakeholders
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities in accordance with the programme’s SOPs and guidelines.
- Compile and update the indicator tracking dashboards and the Protection Cluster on a monthly basis for donor reporting and tracking progress against targets.
- Lead on any training in new methods of data collection / conduct refresher trainings as necessary.
- Serve as a focal point for the CORE teams; identify and facilitate training on EORE best practices.
- Lead on the quality control and analysis of surveys and data collected by EORE teams.
- Assist the Programme Officer with partnership engagement.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of development initiatives such as conservation projects and/or women’s empowerment activities.
- Review the performance of the vocational training programme, creating logframes and tracking progress of teachers and students within this programme.
- Update educational materials for the vocational training programme as necessary.
- Produce reports based on the progress of the vocational training project, identifying opportunities for improving and creating corrective plans where necessary.
- Produce tools that support the improvement of programme activities in other departments (including, but not limited to: Fleet, Logistics, HR etc).
- Undertake field trips as required, providing assistance in the organisation of these trips.
- Complete other tasks as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in a relevant discipline.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation in humanitarian/development projects.
- Knowledge of mobile data collection platforms (Fulcrum & Survey123).
- Advanced Excel skills are required.
- Experience creating PowerBI dashboards.
- Strong oral and written English skills. Fluent Somali Speaker
- Good organisational and coordination skills to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
How to apply
- The HALO Trust is an equal opportunities employer and will not discriminate against any candidate based on age, sex, ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic. All recruitment is conducted in a transparent manner, with selection made solely based on ability. Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Submit a CV and cover letter in soft copy by · email@example.com
All resumes submitted without a cover letter and references will be disregarded.
Please keep in mind only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.