TITLE: Warehouse Assistant – Mogadishu
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support services; Supply Chain department
CONTRACT LENGTH: One Year
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
The warehouse assistant is responsible for supporting stock management and warehousing, as well as handling documents and filing.
Reports to: Supply chain officer
Save the Children operates across all zones in Somalia and currently has three main area offices and additional 11 field offices. Programmatically Somalia is a large Country Office with more than $110million annual budget and staff over 650 staff.
Staff reporting to this post: none
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Warehouse and Stocks Management:
The position holder covers the following:
• Assist in receiving all incoming supplies; inspect and verify for conformity to order specifications and delivery notes.
• Act as custodian and controller for all the items in Save the Children warehouse(s) in the Mogadishu office.
• Identification of materials on receipt and dispatch
• Record all goods received are recorded in standard Save the Children templates [GRN] goods received note.
• Ensure appropriate packing and loading of materials for dispatch and supervise material loading and unloading.
• Assign storage locations for all goods received and ensure that they are handled as per Save the Children procedures of safety, security, accountability and transparency.
• Record all goods dispatched by Save the Children in standard templates.
• Ensure that all store transaction paper works are kept files as per SC filing system.
• Issue/distribute materials, products, parts and supplies to field staff, based on Save the Children standard requisition procedures and follow all good distribution Practices.
• Conduct monthly and quarterly stock physical counts.
• Follow up with staff to ensure that goods do not stay for long periods in the stores, and recommend disposal of excess, expired, defective or obsolete stock
• Ensure the stores are kept in a good reparative order, are kept locked and are clean and tidy.
• Ensure that the TIM system is up to date as always and physical supplies are matched TIM.
• Daily monitoring of the warehouse premises and implement all good storage practices.
Transportation & Freight
The post holder will:
• Arrange for transportation of goods and equipment’s between offices or to field sites and ensure that the goods are securely packaged and loaded to prevent damage during transportation.
• Compile accurate documentation relating to the movement of items between locations, whether as a transfer or for distribution.
• Report, as required, on project work and any management issues arising in each assignment (to the management teams)
• Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, procurement and logistics, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all work is carried out in a way that is sensitive to community needs and gender and children issues. In particular, to promote the full and equal participation of women and children in all aspects of the work.
• Within reason, implement additional actions and responsibilities, as requested by your line manager.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Skills and Qualifications
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, business administration, economics/ finance or other relevant disciplines.
• Academic background in fields related to pharmacology (Pharmacy Technician) is an added advantage.
Experience and Skills
• At least one-year experience in fields of warehousing, logistics/supply chain with NGO’s and INGOs.
• Proficiency in using computer applications
• Good written and spoken English and Somali languages
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy, all employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI protection from sexual exploitation abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
How to apply
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:-